Our methodology is unique, innovative and
endorsed by governments, education ministries
and educational institutions around the world
International leader in e-learning
Transforming the model
The eLearning Innovation Center is the UOC’s centre for innovation and learning transformation and works to evolve the educational model, attempting to integrate the latest educational and technological trends, but without altering the essence.
The UOC has made a name for itself around the world as a quality online university, serving as a model for Latin American university institutions, quality assurance agencies and supranational entities.
- UOC helps more than 9,000 teachers adapt to remote teaching during the pandemic
- Colombia's UNINORTE receives support and advice from the UOC's eLearning Innovation Center for its digitalization project
- The UOC helped Duoc UC, an accredited, non-profit private institute of higher education in Chile, to roll out its own e-learning model
- Ecuador rolls out online learning with the support of the UOC
- The UOC advise the Mexican education system on quality online education
- The UOC extends its e-learning model to the Middle East with a project in Jordan
The UOC's unique approach to learning is based on completing activities, and continual guidance and support.
For the UOC community, the Virtual Campus is where it all happens.
The Campus has virtual classrooms where students can find their course instructors, tutor and fellow students, as well as their activities, materials and tools for learning.
Students and networking community
Students set their own pace
They learn through work on activities and projects, which are done both individually and in collaboration with other students from their classrooms.
Over time, our educational model has allowed us to touch the lives of students from around the world by enhancing their professional prospects and life opportunities and turning them into agents of change, prepared to make improvements to their surroundings and better people's lives.
Graduates are satisfied with their experience at the UOC and 87% of them would choose the same university again.
Because of the way they study, UOC students develop an exceptional range of competencies:
High-level digital skills
Strength when it comes to organization and planning
Know-how for online collaborative work
Coordinating professor: they design the course, guarantee its quality and coordinate the course instructors.
Course instructor: they guide and assess students learning as they progress in their courses.
- Tutor: they advise students in choosing a personalized academic pathway during their time at the UOC.
Innovative resources and materials
The teaching materials are available in a variety of formats so that students can make the most of the time they spend learning.
We work to ensure that they are presented in an innovative way so that students can see what they have to do to pass each course, how long it will take and what resources are available when working on them.